Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to finally get this blog up and running.
The truth of the matter is, I really didn't know what to say.
After reading the emails you guys sent responding to my interview on The Story, I was completely blown away.
I had no idea that so many people were going to be inspired and touched by listening to what I had to say. I would describe this as a good kind of overwhelming.
Getting support from everyone else, in kind words alone, is enough to motivate me to change the world; and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

A very nice man from Pasadena, California was so touched, that he is sending me $3o.00 a month for a year to help me with school, or anything else I might need.
I want him to know that this week, his check couldn't have came at a better time.
It rained last Saturday, so there was no bake to do that previous Friday night; which meant that the only money I would be getting was for some of the butter I made (about $14.00). What had me worried, was that my mother's birthday was the following Monday and I had no money to get her anything! OR so I thought.
I went to the bakery to pick up my $14.00 butter check, low and behold, there was $30.00 waiting for me. I can't tell you how happy this made me! With the money, I was able to do something sweet for my mother and it couldn't have made me more thankful.
I thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
That just goes to show you; It's truly remarkable how much happiness one person can create out of just a little kindness.

-Sincerely,
James

1 comment:

DianneR said...

Yay, James! I'm so glad you got this up and running! I'm so proud to know you.